Sun River St. George a Premier Active Adult Community
Sun River St. George is a premier active adult community located in Southern Utah. Many of the residents there actually compare living there to being on a cruise every day. Sun River St. George can be found right off Highway I-15 at Exit 2 in St. George Utah. This community is the only one of its kind in southern Utah. Requirements are that one of the homeowners be at least 55 or older.
Residents of Sun River St. George can enjoy golf, lawn bowling, horseshoes, walking, biking and tennis to name a few of the amenities offered. Sun River St George is also home to some of the best pickle ball players in the country and has several courts to play on! Don’t mistake that Sun River St George as a “rest home”. It is the furthest thing from it! There is a calendar full of events and activities provided for the very active homeowners to enjoy.
The Sun River St. George 55 and over community is still one of the most popular neighborhoods in St. George Utah! The Sun River housing market reflects this popularity and continued strength through home sales. Available inventory is shrinking as home prices continue to rise. You will notice that sales prices are increasing and homes priced under the $200,000 mark are going quickly.
- 18-hole golf course that is open to the public for play.
- State-of-the-art clubhouse that boasts a huge library, computer room offering classes, information boards and an incredible ball room that is used for special occasions.
- SunRiver also offers leisure activities geared to social interaction and also physical fitness such as water aerobics, pickle ball, weight training, and tai chi. Pickle ball courts, winding walkways, swimming, lawn bowling, horseshoes, biking, and walking designed for an active lifestyle. The Huntsman World Senior Games uses the clubhouse facilities for the competitors every year.
- Hanks Riverwalk Grillis one of two restaurants on the premises and serves everything from Lip Smacking Ribs to Salmon Oscar, serving their own signature Bread Pudding. They are open 7 days a week. Call (435) 773-4111 for a reservation or visit the website at RiverwalkGrill.com for a coupon.
- Medical, dental, assisted living facility and worship facilities are on-site as well and lends to an all-inclusive feeling of the community.
Many upgrades include: granite countertops, travertine tile, wood shutters throughout, designer wood ceiling insets, built-in cabinetry, wood flooring, open floor plans, spas, fire pits, covered patios. Exteriors are typically stucco with stone accents and include water efficient landscapes utilizing Utah plant varieties.
The Annual Dixie Power Kite festival was recently held at SunRiver Community for children of all ages who qualify for a free kite by doing required reading through the school year. Several community golf tournaments are also scheduled throughout the year.
Several nearby national parks are a huge draw for tourists coming into the area. Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, and Grand Canyon are just a few attractions. Internationally renowned Tuacahn Ampitheatre, nestled in the red rock canyon, offers world-class productions including musicals, comedy shows and concerts.
Tuacahn Amphitheatre and Centre for the Arts Address:
1100 Tuacahn Drive
Ivins, Utah 84738
SunRiver St. Geoge is located 90 minutes from Las Vegas, Nevada and 3.5 hours from Salt Lake City. Our southern Utah year ‘round mild weather is conducive to participating in outdoor activities throughout the year.
This Sun River St. George information is brought to you by: Erika Rogers – your real estate leader in St. George, UT and surrounding communities. She specializes in new construction, golf course communities, gated communities, 55+ adult communities, St. George luxury real estate, and foreclosures in all Southern Utah communities.
Also posted at: http://stgeorgeutahrealestateforsale.com/2015/12/sun-river-st-george-a-premier-active-adult-community/