5 Common Places You Find Mold In Your Home
Finding mold in your home can be a massive problem. It is commonly a silent issue that you don’t find until it is much too late. The good news is that there are several areas in your home you can be aware of to keep an eye out for before you have a mold problem.
Mold loves moist places. It can grow easily in a dark and moist place that does not get properly vented or sunlight. Bathrooms are a great breeding ground for this mold growth in your home, so do your due diligence and keep an eye on your bathroom for excess moisture. Taking a hot shower can create a steamy/humid bathroom, which can also be a trigger for mold.
In your kitchen many applicants use water and if they are not draining properly or if there is water collecting from a leaky pipe, this can create a mold issue that may go unnoticed.
Many attics are hot humid and usually dark. This is exactly what mold needs in order to grow successfully and create a huge problem in your home. You can try to alleviate this potential issue but making sure your attic has ventilation and keeping an eye out for any leaks coming from your roof. Mold in your attic can cause structural damage to your home if left unattended.
This can be an area you rarely think of, but many homes have piping running through their walls or ceilings. This can be one of the most difficult areas in your home to detect moisture from, you could need a water mitigation specialist to be sure of your potential water damage or mold.
Basements are very similar to attics in their conditions. Oftentimes, basements are where a washer and dryer are kept in addition to other appliances like an extra refrigerator. Basements are the bottom level of your home, which would make it the area most prone to flooding. All of these conditions combined can create a breeding ground for mold
How to find mold in your home
Mold can be so difficult to detect because you don’t always see it with your naked eye. There are some cases where you can visibly see it, but pay attention to your senses. If you smell something musty or feel something damp, take it seriously. If you or your loved ones are feeling sick and there is no apparent reason, you could be experiencing illness from mold exposure. If your walls or ceiling looks stained, this can be due to water damage.
One of the most efficient ways for you to keep your home free from mold is to regularly check these areas for moisture or water damage. Keep the sunlight in your home as much as possible. If your home has a leak or some kind of flood, get it taken care of professionally. Mold can be serious, take it seriously. Protect your home and if need be, always hire a professional to take care of your mold issue.
For more information on your home, or to buy or sell a home, contact me! For more information on real estate in St. George and surrounding areas please contact us any time.
More Advice for Homeowners and Renovations
- Do you need a zoom room in your listed home?
- Should You Invest in a Home Warranty?
- Why is Fall the Best Time to Sell a House?
- 5 Reasons Why it’s a good time to sell a house
- 10 Amazing Tricks to Selling your home
- 5 Unique Ways to create interest in your listed home
- Using Housecleaning to reduce Stress
- 4 Common Decorating Mistakes with Open Floor Plans
- 2022 Landscaping Trends
- Mistakes To Avoid While Making Kitchen Renovations
Post a Comment