It’s that time of year again to prepare your tax returns along with millions of others. In St. George, UT you can find free help and tips for your tax returns. Therefore, I have some information about the programs that may be of assistance to you. The volunteers you will find in St. George are part of the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for Elderly (TCE) programs.
In St. George UT you can find IRS Volunteers Income Tax Assistance (VITA) at Utah State University at the Washington Extension, Dixie State University, and Five County Association of Governments.
Southern Utah Roving VITA
1070 W. 1600 S. Bldg. B
St. GGeorge, UT 84770
Five County Association of Governments
1070 West 1600 South Bldg. B
ST. George, UT 84770
Dixie State College
225 S. 700 E.
UDVAR-HAZY. Bldg., RM. 127
St. George, UT 84770
Utah State University of Washington County
44 N. 100 E.
St. GEORGE, UT 84770
There will be Tax Counseling for Elderly (TCE) providers at the Washington Branch Library, the St. George Senior Center, and the Hurricane Senior Center. These locations do not require appointments so walk-ins are welcome.
Things you should know about VITA and TCE programs:
* TCE and VITA programs are both sponsored by the IRS. They train and certify local volunteers for each group.
* The VITA program offers free tax preparation and e-filing for anyone earning less than $52,000 each year.
* The TCE program offers help to senior’s ages 60 year and up. The volunteers in the program specialize in senior related tax issues.
The IRS sponsors both the VITA and TCE programs. They work with local community groups to both train and certify volunteers. AARP is part of this program and is a great help for senior’s with low to moderate income levels.
* VITA and TCE both offer free electronic filing, which is one of the safest ways to file. It is also the fastest way combined with automatic deposit to get your return.
* VITA also provides free tax help to military families. They specialize in military tax related issues.
* You can find more VITA locations from the IRS.gov website.