Santa Clara Swiss Days in Santa Clara UT is this month. The festivities will be held Thursday, Friday and Saturday, September 23 through September 25, 2021. This is one local event you don’t want to miss!
Santa Clara is a quaint “bedroom” community located just west of St George Utah. Actually, you won’t know when you’ve left St George and entered Santa Clara unless you happen to notice the “Welcome to Santa Clara” sign. The two cities have blended together over the years. Main Street in Santa Clara is lined with large, majestic sycamore trees and darling shops along the way. Santa Clara has that “Mayberry-ish” atmosphere, reminiscent of times gone by!
Founded in 1854, Santa Clara is full of rich history. There’s also several historical buildings that are open to the public for touring. One of these buildings is the Jacob Hamblin Home. Jacob Hamblin was one of the early settlers of Santa Clara. The Hamblin home has been restored to it’s 1860’s appearance including it’s furnishings.
What is Swiss Days?
The first Swiss Days was held in1990 and is a tribute to the town’s pioneer heritage. Swiss members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints first settled the area in 1861.
Some of the events include a 5K walk/run and a pancake breakfast. The annual Swiss Days parade on Saturday begins at 9:30 am at the Jacob Hamblin Home and travels down Santa Clara Drive. Entries in the parade include handmade floats, antique cars, the Grand Marshall and there might even be some Harley Davidson motorcycles!
There will be the Red Rock Car Show at Canyon View park, food booths, pioneer craft demonstrations, continuous entertainment and heritage displays to name a few of the attractions.
Swiss Days begins on Thursday September 23, 2021 and runs thru Saturday September 25, 2021! Thursday’s festivities begin at 8 am with the Santa Clara Kiwanis/Swiss Days Golf Tournament at Sunbrook Golf Course. The Community Dinner will be at 5 pm – $6 per person. Live entertainment provided by “Most Wanted”. On Friday, events kick off at 3 pm with food and craft vendors and fun things to do at the Activity Tent. Saturday morning starts bright and early with the 5K/Run/Walk at 6:30 am. The whole day will be full of fun things to do and see including a pancake breakfast at 7:30 am – $3 per person, Swiss Days Parade, Red Rock Car Show, food booths & crafts and continuous live entertainment. Santa Clara Swiss Days officially closes at 4 pm on Saturday.
This is one hometown event that you won’t forget. It’s full of history, fun and activities for the whole family.
- What: Santa Clara Swiss Days – September 2021
- Dates: Thursday September 23, 2021 through Saturday September 25, 2021
- Times: Thursday 8 am – 8 pm, Friday 3-9 pm, Saturday 6:30 am – 4 pm
- Location: Santa Clara UT Town Hall – 2603 Santa Clara Dr.
Click here for the Full Schedule of events for Swiss Days 2021
Shuttle & Parking Info for Swiss Days 2021
- Snow Canyon High Shuttle 3:00-10:00 pm. To/From Snow Canyon High and Main Event site. Click here for map.
- Chapel Street Shuttle 3-6:30 pm. To/From Chapel Street parking, Children’s Event and Main Event site
- Snow Canyon High/ Car Show Shuttle 8 am–5 pm. To/From Snow Canyon High, Red Rocks Car Show, and Main Event site
- 5k Shuttle 5:45 am-6:30 am Runner parking will be at the Snow Canyon High School Parking lot at 1385 Lava Flow Drive. Shuttles will be provided to the race start area from 5:45-6:30 am. No Parking at event site. — please use shuttle or walk to event.
Follow the signs to parking lots and catch one of six shuttle vans. Parking lot maps available online and prior to event at City office. Call 435-673-6712 ext. 201 for more information on parking and shuttle service.
If you’re in St George Utah or southern Utah September 23 – 25, 2021, be sure to visit Santa Clara Swiss Days. You won’t be disappointed!
There are so many reasons to love the St. George area and Santa Clara Swiss Days is just one of them! For more information on Saint George real estate please contact me anytime.