Swiss Days in Santa Clara UT is this week and you don’t want to miss it! Santa Clara is a quaint little bedroom community located just west of St George Utah. I love Main Street in Santa Clara, lined with majestic trees and cute shops along the way. Santa Clara has that “Mayberry-ish” atmosphere, reminiscent of times gone by! There’s lots of history in Santa Clara and several historical buildings that are open to the public for touring.
What is Swiss Days?
First started in 1990, Swiss Days is a tribute to the town’s pioneer heritage. Swiss members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints first settled the area in 1861. Some of the events include a 5K walk/run and a pancake breakfast. The annual Swiss Days parade begins at 9:30 am at the Jacob Hamblin Home and travels down Santa Clara Drive. Entries in the parade include handmade floats, antique cars, the Grand Marshall and Harley Davidson motorcycles. There will be the Red Rock Car Show at Canyon View park, food booths, pioneer craft demonstrations, continuous entertainment and heritage displays to name a few of the attractions.
Swiss Days begins on Thursday September 20, 2018 and runs til Saturday September 22, 2018! Thursday’s festivities begin at 5 pm with the Community Dinner – $6 per person. On Friday there will be the Santa Clara Kiwani’s/Swiss Days Golf Tournament at Sunbrook Golf Course, then the other events kick off at 3 pm. Saturday morning starts bright and early with the 5K/Run/Walk at 6:30 am. The whole day will be full of fun things to do and see including a pancake breakfast at 7:30 am – $3 per person, Swiss Days Parade, Red Rock Car Show, food booths & crafts and continuous live entertainment. Swiss Days 2018 officially closes at 4 pm on Saturday.
This is one hometown event that you won’t forget. It’s full of history, fun and activities for the whole family.
- Dates: Thursday September 20, 2018 through Saturday September 22, 2018
- Times: Thursday 5-7 pm, Friday 3-8 pm, Saturday 6:30 am – 4 pm
- Location: Santa Clara UT Town Hall – 2603 Santa Clara Dr.
Shuttle & Parking Info for Swiss Days 2018
- Snow Canyon High Shuttle 3:00-10:00 pm. To/From Snow Canyon High and Main Event site. Click here for map.
- Chapel Street Shuttle 3-6:30 pm. To/From Chapel Street parking, Heritage Square Pioneer Hands-On, and Main Event site
- Snow Canyon High/ Car Show Shuttle 11 am–4:30 pm. To/From Snow Canyon High, Red Rocks Car Show, and Main Event site
- 5k Shuttle 5:45 am-6:30 am. From Snow Canyon High to start line
Follow the signs to parking lots and catch one of six shuttle vans. Parking lot maps available online and prior to event at City office. Call 435-673-6712 ext. 201 for more information on parking and shuttle service.
If you’re in St George Utah or southern Utah this weekend, be sure to stop by Santa Clara Swiss Days. You won’t be disappointed!