Yes, you read that title right. You can actually take a scenic urban hike around St. George UT. Spring time in St. George is a great time to take this hike and check out all the unique sculptures that are set around our community. Therefore, I have some details about the Art Around the Corner for you and your family to enjoy.
Start your hike on at the grid center of St. George at the intersection of Main Street and Tabernacle Street. The grid is made up of streets 100 East, 100 South, 100 West and 100North. Most sculptures are within one block in distance from the center point. There are also more sculptures along Main Street near 200 North.
Sculptures Around Town Details
- Last Love – This sculpture near Ancestor Square was created by Patrick Sullivan. This sculpture is made of granite and retails for $16,000.
- Jericho II – This sculpture by Doug Adams was created with metal, glass, stone and steel. The sculpture retails for $4,200.
- Beacon of Light – This angel is located near the roundabout at Main St. The creator is Jeannine Young and retails for $4,500.
- Setting Free – This sculpture by Karen Crain is located on Tabernacle Street. It’s a sculpture of a woman coming into her own. It retails for $8,600.
- The Matriarch – This sculpture was created by Ben Hammond and can be found by the St. George Tabernacle. This piece retails for $2,875.
- Savanna Sunset – This colorful sculpture was created by Jack Morford represents the end of a beautiful day. The sculpture retails for $5,500.
- Summertime – This sculpture is new to town this year. It was created by Jerry Anderson and portrays a little girl in a swimsuit. It also sits between the splash pad and the river where many children play each summer. The piece retails for $10,000.
- Mama Crusty the Desert Crab – This unique sculpture by Tim Little is located right on Town Square. This sculpture is made up of Harley mufflers and a 50’s Chevy truck. The piece retails for $7,500.
- Ready to Play – This giant guitar sculpture was created by Deveren Farley and can be found at the roundabout. It retails for $30,000.
To find a complete list of all sculptures you can find around town visit this link: http://artaroundthecorner.org/exhibit/
When you are ready to sell, start with Erika Rogers – your real estate leader in St. George, UT and surrounding communities. She specializes in new construction, golf course communities, gated communities, 55+ adult communities, St. George luxury real estate, and foreclosures in all Southern Utah communities.
This weeks featured listing