The 86th Annual Dixie Round-up Rodeo in St George Utah will go on in 2020!! I drove by the Sun Bowl yesterday and preparations are in full swing. Horses and cattle are in the pens and the finishing work is being done on the arena. This rodeo is an annual event that is held each year during the second week in September and this year is no different. Even though a lot of events in town have been cancelled due to COVID19, the Dixie Round Up rodeo is not one of them.
The rodeo is always held at the historic Sun Bowl in St. George UT. The St. George Dixie Round-up Rodeo is put on by the St. George Lions Club and Produced by Bar T Rodeos – Approved by the Professional Rodeo Cowboy’s Association.
The St. George Dixie Round-up Rodeo has been a huge event for decades now in the St. George UT area. Residents and visitors alike are glad that the St George Lions Club decided to still hold the rodeo this year. The Sun Bowl is adorned in 100 USA flags flying in the breeze during the events. The flags are a lovely sight to see and a beautiful tribute to our great nation. People come from miles around to see the cowboys and cowgirls and their fearless bull riding. Cowboys and cowgirls will also be barrel racing and roping. Don’t forget about the cute mutton busting event! This year promises to excite with an action packed round-up and a small distraction from 2020.
St. George Dixie Round-up Rodeo Event Details for 2020:
- Date: Thursday, September 17, 2020 through Saturday, September 119, 2020
- Time: 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm – gates open at 6 pm, pre-rodeo entertainment 6-7:30, rodeo usually ends around 11 pm
- Location: Historic St. George Sunbowl, 400 East 100 South, St. George UT 84790
- Admission: Adults $12, kids 11 and under $5, kids 2 and under free (if seated on parent’s lap and do not require a seat) Reserved seating is $17
- Tickets: Tickets will be on sale each weekday from Sept. 14-19, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Lions building, 301 E 100 South. You may purchase General Admission and Reserved Seating tickets there. You can also call the Rodeo hotline, 435-673-3301
- Website: http://www.stgeorgelions.com
Nightly events will include
- Steer Wrestling
- Special Feature (mutton busting, watermelon race)
- Team Roping
- Saddle Bronc
- Specialty Act
- Tie Down Roping
- Mutton Busting
- Girls Barrel Racing
- Bull Riding
St. George Dixie Round-up Rodeo Highlights
Kids Night – Thursday, September 17, 2020 will be kids night, so bring the whole family out for this fun event. Kids ages 11 and under are free this night. There’s quite a savings if you plan to bring several children to the rodeo, be sure to attend this night. You can use that saved money to buy them a delicious hamburger!
Mutton Busting – Sponsored by the Intermountain Farmer Association at 310 N Industrial Rd. St. George UT. What is mutton busting? Basically, it’s kind of a kid size version of bronco-busting. Kids, usually ages 4-7, climb on a wild sheep, and then try to hang on for 6 seconds. Not many kids can hang on that long and it’s definitely a cute event to watch. My kids had several friends participate in the event years ago when they were young.
This 86th Annual Dixie Round Up Rodeo-2020 information is brought to you by Erika Rogers – your real estate leader in St. George, UT and surrounding communities. She specializes in new construction, golf course communities, gated communities, 55+ adult communities, St. George luxury real estate, and Washington Utah homes in all Southern Utah communities.