Keep Your Home Value with Regular Maintenance
When it comes to selling your home, you want to get the most value from the sale. You can retain the value in your home with regular maintenance. Many home maintenance lists can go on and on like doctor checkups and taxes. In many cases it’s not much fun to tend to all the items on your home maintenance list either. However, you must do it if you want what your home is really worth when you get ready to sell.
For your home maintenance needs, I have compiled a checklist that will help you stay on top of what matters most.
Home maintenance Checklist:
* Roof – Check your roof for loose shingles and fallen gutters at least twice a year. If you are not able to check the roof yourself, you can always hire a reliable roofing company to take a look for you.
* House exterior – Check the exterior of your home for faded or chipped paint. If you have vinyl siding, you should check for holes or cracks in the siding. Brick homes and stucco homes should be checked for cracks or breaks.
* Kitchen – Check under the sink for leaks. Plumbing leaks can damage your floors and cabinets. If you have tile, check for missing grout or caulk.
* Floors – Hardwood floors need to be checked for wear and tear. You may need to refinish your hardwoods if they are faded and worn down.
* Attic – Check the attic for signs of water damage from the roof. You should also look for any signs of rodent or termite damage.
* Bathrooms – Just like the kitchen, you should check your bathroom for plumbing leaks and missing grout in the tile.
* Smoke alarms – Check the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in the fall and again in the spring. Replace as needed.
* Basement – If you have a full basement, check for cracks in the foundation floor and walls.
* Air and heat system – Check your air filters on a monthly basis unless you have a 3 inch filter that last a year. Also, each year you should have a professional come and inspect the unit to help keep it running at top performance.
This information is brought to you by: Erika Rogers – your real estate leader in St. George, UT and surrounding communities specializing in new construction, golf course communities, gated communities, 55+ adult communities, St. George luxury real estate, and foreclosures in all Southern Utah communities.
Featured St George Home for Sale
For more information on this and other St George area homes, please visit my St George real estate website here.
Also posted at: http://stgeorgeutahrealestateforsale.com/2014/10/keep-your-home-value-with-regular-maintenance/