Roadtrip through Southern Utah
Are you planning a road trip through Southern Utah? If you are, you might be wondering what sights to see. Southern Utah is a 4 season wonderland with everything from world-class scenery to world-famous hiking. Whatever your age, activity level or interests, we have a lot to offer. Use our site as your guide to plan your Southern Utah adventure.It is home to five national parks and a dozen other landscapes. Any day spent exploring Southern Utah is a good day, regardless of crowds, sunburn, full campgrounds or expensive hotel rates.
The Hoodoos at Bryce Canyon National Park
Bryce Canyon is home to the most hoodoo formations in the world. Hoodoos are tall reddish-orange formations that resemble cylindrical towers.
Likely the most popular lookout spot in Bryce Canyon National Park is Sunset Point pictured below. You can begin the Navajo Loop Trail from Sunset Point where you walk through the hoodoos below you.
The Slot Canyons at Zion National Park
Slot canyons are narrow openings in a canyon wall created by rushing water. The slot canyons in Zion National Park were formed by the Virgin River. Not surprisingly, Zion is a popular canyoneering spot. Canyoneering can involve a combination of techniques including walking, climbing with ropes, swimming, scouting trails, and jumping. The Narrows is one of the more popular hikes in Zion National Park. And true to its name, The Narrows is the most narrow part of Zion.
The Delicate Arch at Arches National Park
Arches National Park is located in SouthEastern Utah. It is about 30 miles from the i70. The Delicate Arch stands 60 feet tall. Its trail is 3 miles.
The Northern Rim of the Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon doesn’t need much of an explanation. You can take a peek of the largest canyon in the United States at the Northern Rim.
Mountain biking in Moab
Moab, Utah is just a few miles from Arches National Park and is one of the most popular spots for mountain biking. With a variety of trails and levels, it’s an adrenaline rush and a unique way to explore the area.
Stargazing near Bryce Canyon National Park
Stay somewhere near Bryce Canyon to see a star performance without even needing to stay up late.
As you plan your roadtrip, keep these incredible spots in mind and don’t stop there with your exploring. Southern Utah is truly beautiful with so many adventures that await.
And for all St. George real estate, start here! There are so many reasons to love St. George. For more information on Saint George real estate please contact me anytime.
More Great Adventures in St. George
- Reasons St. George Utah is a Great Place to be in the Winter
- Hiking Butterfly Trail is a Great St. George Pandemic Activity
- Dog Parks in St George Utah
- Water Recreation In St. George Area
- History Of Washington City, Utah
- Zion National Park, The Crown Jewel of Utah’s Mighty 5
- Family-Friendly Things to do in St. George, Utah
- 5 of The Top Golf Courses in St. George, Utah
- Utah’s Mighty 5: National Parks
- Ancestor Square the Heart of St. George, Utah
- Three Great Lakes Near St. George for Free Outdoor Water Adventures this Summer
- Have you Tried our new Cookie Crumbl?
- Bear Paw Cafe is the Bomb!
- Relocating To Ivins Utah – What To Know
- 10 Top Things To Do In St. George Utah